3l0nUCJQ3zhsEMVq7jW5kKwgHmY google-site-verification=XkvvEhTs8AKwt2nfvdQLcUkgLcuGIaSuZfMyNiBSDwY My Life Pages

Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Meaning Of Mahjooran

I have discovered the act that will lead me to the narrow pits of hell. You can read my last post here first before you continue this page. Here I want to discover the word “mahjooran”. I want to explain this word and get the meaning on a deeper level. I might find a way to prevent myself from falling into that category of people.

My life page is not a bed of roses. With Allah’s swt blessing I am born in an Islamic family. At least I can look forward to a better life in the hereafter. I find that it is futile to concentrate on this life. If I have to choose between this life and the next, I prefer the latter. The eternal life of bliss and complete happiness is what matters to me now.

The word Mahjooran مهجورا

I must understand the word ‘mahjooran’ correctly. Otherwise, I will be oblivious to its meaning and thereby attract harm in my next life. Life for the followers of Prophet Muahammad (sallalaa walaa Muhammad sallaahu alahi wasallam) became miserable after they openly declared the new faith. The unbelievers of Mecca persecuted them by way of torturing and even killing them. The non-believers also restrained trading with them.

As the situation became unbearable to the followers of Prophet Muahammad (sallalaa walaa Muhammad sallaahu alahi wasallam) with Allah (swt) permission Prophet migrated to Medina. Those who migrated to medina were termed as ‘Muhajir’.

The reason for migration is not to seek a short trip of sightseeing. It was a plan to run away from the evil surrounding them in Mecca. Their life and family were at stake. The Meccans persecuted and tortured them. They could not bear to live in Mecca. The migrants were ‘Muhajir’.

Allah has forgiven the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), the Muhajirun (Muslim emigrants who left their homes and came to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (Muslims of Al-Madinah) who followed him (Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) in the time of distress (Tabuk expedition), after the hearts of a party of them had nearly deviated (from the Right Path), but He accepted their repentance. Certainly, He is unto them full of Kindness, Most Merciful. 9:117

Verse 30 Chapter 25

The word ‘mahjooran’ is an offshoot of the word ‘muhajir’. In other words, to run away from something that is unbearable. It was true that the new message was unbearable to the Meccans then. In today’s context, how ‘unbearable’ it is to me (us)?

‘And the Messenger cried out: O my Lord! surely my people have treated this Quran as a forsaken thing.’

Ya Allah make this Al Quran easy for me and my family and friends. Ya Allah help us to understand and follow its commandments, Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTFNNC25TZ8Y