3l0nUCJQ3zhsEMVq7jW5kKwgHmY google-site-verification=XkvvEhTs8AKwt2nfvdQLcUkgLcuGIaSuZfMyNiBSDwY My Life Pages

Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Wake Up In Ramadan

Is this life is about entertainment? I would rather ask is this earth for entertainment? I think most of you will say yes. A smaller portion of them will want to say yes too. Give a kid a choice between Al Quran and gaming, they, without hesitation, will choose the latter. They will prefer a favourite television show or pester their parents to get the latest iPhones rather than understanding the Al Quran.

Parents are much interested in their daily affairs, World news and politics. They are busy going to work. They do not have the time. As a result, they are shirking the responsibility to understand the message in the Al Quran and teaching it to their children. They just find a “religious” teacher and leave everything to him to teach about the Al Quran. They classified Islam as something like the subjects of science, geography, and history, and push Quran away from their lives.

You see the world around us. Everyone is at war with everyone. Nations is at war with other nations. They fight for oil, natural resources, land, and the many things that make life comfortable. Nothing belongs to you. Allah swt is the owner of your life, family, homes, lands, estates, mansions, nations, and the world. If you trade be honest with your price.

“And [in all your dealings] give full measure and weight” 6:152

You are answerable for all your mischief on earth to Allah swt on the Day of Judgment. Do not neglect the Al Quran. Read Disturbing verse in al-Quran to know what punishment that is set out for those who neglect the Al Quran.

Transient World

Hello World! your life is only temporary. So be prepared for the hereafter. This is a temporary abode until death overtakes us. People listen but they forget repeatedly the purpose of living in this earth. If you forget, read this for a wakeup call:

“Taste ye then – for ye forgot the Meeting of this Day of Yours, and We too will forget you – taste ye the Penalty of Eternity for your (evil) deeds” 32:14

You will soon realise that life just passes off very quickly. Do not wait for tomorrow as we cannot predict the future. Do it right now. Just do it. I was just 23 years when I purchased my first copy of the Al Quran. Now, at the age of 50 it is hard to believe that life has just passed too quickly.

I still remember what I did to get fresh information of my religion Islam. At an age where most teenagers get into a relationship, I got into relationship with Allah swt through reading Islamic books. I learnt how to be grateful to Allah swt at an early age. I am ever grateful to Him who showed me the right path. Read here what I did.

I am doing some research on the word “arldi” meaning earth. However, as I was writing out a post about it I was somehow “guided” to come up with this post. Insha Allah I will write the meaning of “arldi” in order to understand correctly the purpose of our life in this world.

During sohar (time before sunrise), I had discussed this with my daughter. She understood what I said and if a kid can understand so do you. Children are very inquisitive and innocent. They throw question for you to ponder. Ramadan Mubarak!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gazzali

    It is refreshing to get a inner perspective about Ramadan from someone to which it has true meaning. All-too-often these days we hear the negative associated with our Muslim brothers. I pray myself that God will somehow intervene soon to set it all right.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

HTFNNC25TZ8Y