3l0nUCJQ3zhsEMVq7jW5kKwgHmY google-site-verification=XkvvEhTs8AKwt2nfvdQLcUkgLcuGIaSuZfMyNiBSDwY My Life Pages

Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

AL Quran

This is the picture of the Qur'an I have. I bought this Qur'an for $19/- dollars in 1984 in Bras Pasah Road. I was already working then in a government department known formerly as Land Office. My salary was only $430 dollars per month. After giving some portion of this to my mother, I still had a little money with me. Spending $19/- was big money in those days. I was 23 years old then.

Nevertheless, the quest of knowing what the intent of the Qur'an made that expense unnoticeable. When I got hold of this Qur'an I was very joyful as I wanted to understand Qur'an. I found a goldmine- that was how I felt.

Understanding Al Quran in those days was a tedious task. I was not a full time learner of Quran. I had to work for living. My mother sold spices in a stall and my only sister had just joined the teaching job. My father had passed away when I was a year old. Subsequently, my sister got married. However, until today she(two year elder than me) had been a supportive daughter in taking care of my mother, Aminah. May Allah bless her and her family in this life and the hereafter.


Currently I am using online software to learn the Qur'an. It is much easier to cross reference. These are my favorites:

http://www.quran.org.uk/index.php?Page=search

http://corpus.quran.com/

While writing out this post I have just discovered this site in the Google search. Apart from Arabic grammar, syntax, this site shows morphological annotation and semantic ontology of the Arabic language. alhamdulliah

http://www.studyquran.co.uk/

Apart from online resources on Al Quran, I still use the hardcopy for my daily recitation of my favorite sura Surah Waqia- the inevitable event. I have been reciting this surah without fail for the past 25 Years. I will start a page of its benefits in another page.

The late Abdullah Yusof Ali, whose writing known for clarity, translated this copy of the Qur’an that I have bought at the age of 23. You can purchase this copy at the link below. See you next time insha allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTFNNC25TZ8Y